ST. LOUIS (January 24, 2019) – The National Wood Flooring Association has published a new edition of the NWFA Wood Flooring Installation Guidelines. The new publication represents the most comprehensive revision of the Installation Guidelines since they were first published in 1988.
Topics include evaluating job site conditions, subfloor preparation, proper installation techniques, guidelines for moisture testing, fastener schedules, radiant heat installations, and much more.
“The Hardwood Flooring Installation Guidelines manual is the indispensable industry standard for quality hardwood flooring installations,” says Michael Martin, NWFA President & CEO. “The publication also represents one of the largest and most-extensive collaborations in NWFA history. Not only did NWFA work with its members – of all member types – to research and update this publication, but it also worked with numerous other organizations that had significant expertise in specific areas.”
NWFA Installation Guidelines Highlights include:
• Content has tripled in size, providing more in-depth information on topics including job site conditions, acclimation/conditioning, moisture testing, basements/crawlspaces, substrates, underlayments, layout, installation methods, maintenance, and repair.
• Architectural CAD drawings have been added to enhance learning and clarify descriptions.
• Photographs have been added to provide visualizations and to make these Guidelines multilingual.
• Updated and improved artwork and illustrations.
• Responsible parties have been clearly defined, and include obligations for each.
Along with the new Installation Guidelines, we have also developed a brand new technical publication titled, “Regional Climate Variations” which includes detailed information for every county in every state in the U.S. and most cities throughout the world. This information has been published into a supplemental technical publication and will be a valuable tool for determining climate differences in different regions.
NWFA members can soon expect to receive a physical copy of the Installation Guidelines and the new Regional Climate Variations in their mailbox. Members may also download PDF copies of the publications at no charge at www.NWFA.org.
The National Wood Flooring Association is a not-for-profit trade organization, with more than 3,200 member companies worldwide, dedicated to educating consumers, architects, designers, specifiers and builders in the uses and benefits of wood flooring. NWFA members receive the best in educational training, benefits, technical resources, and networking to advance their professionalism and success.
The NWFA is located at 111 Chesterfield Industrial Boulevard, Chesterfield, MO 63005, and can be contacted at 800.422.4556 (USA & Canada),636.519.9663 (local and international), or online at www.nwfa.org.