ST. LOUIS, October 9, 2017 - The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) recently opened the application process for the 28th annual Wood Floor of the Year contest. Recognized as the “Academy Awards®” of the wood flooring industry, this competition celebrates innovation and quality craftsmanship in wood floor installations.
“Over the years, we have had the honor of presenting more than 200 awards to the artists and craftsmen behind these incredible floors. We are looking forward to showcasing these remarkable floors once again during our 2018 Expo in Tampa,” said Michael Martin, President & CEO.
This years’ awards will include the following categories:
• Best Restoration/Makeover: Entries in this category include all types of restorations, repairs, or refinishes, in either a residential or commercial application. Applications can include job site finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Color & Finish Application: Entries in this category include jobsite applied applications of dyes, reactive colorants, layered colors, and faux finishing.
• Best Circular/Curved Application: Entries in this category include any circular shape within a flooring system, such as circles, ovals, curves, and bent material. Applications can include job site finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Parquet/Inlay Application: Entries in this category include any parquet pattern, medallion, marquetry, or intarsia inlay. CNC and laser cut applications are acceptable, but must be identified.
• Best Textured Wood Application: Entries in this category may include scraped, wire- brushed, distressed, or any surface that is not traditional flat. Applications can include job site finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
NWFA also will recognize the Members’ Choice Award. All entries submitted will be eligible to receive this award, which will be presented to the floor that receives the popular vote among NWFA members.
New this year, a Best of Social Media award will be featured. The floors will be featured on NWFA’s social channels, allowing followers to share, like, and comment on their favorite. The floor receiving the most engagement will receive this award.
The NWFA has updated the submission period to October 1 - November 30, 2017. This will provide adequate time for the judging process and time to correspond with winners prior to the public reveal at the NWFA Expo in Tampa, Florida (April 11-14, 2018 — www.nwfaexpo.org).
For more information and to submit an entry, please visit www.nwfa.org/wfoy.
The National Wood Flooring Association is a not-for-profit trade organization, with more than 3,000 member companies worldwide, dedicated to educating consumers, architects, designers, specifiers and builders in the uses and benefits of wood flooring. NWFA members receive the best in educational training, benefits, technical resources and networking, to advance their professionalism and success. The NWFA is located at 111 Chesterfield Industrial
Boulevard, Chesterfield, MO 63005, and can be contacted at 800.422.4556 (USA & Canada), 636.519.9663 (local and international), or online at www.nwfa.org.