Encompassing a powerful confluence of the latest products, trends and innovations, NeoCon® is the premier global platform for commercial interiors. Held June 12-14 at The Mart in Chicago, the three-day tradeshow and conference highlights thousands of game-changing new solutions for the workplace, hospitality, retail, healthcare, education, public space and government sectors from hundreds of leading companies. A launching pad and incubator for “what’s next,” the event shapes the commercial spaces of today and tomorrow, affecting how individuals live, interact and work within them. Together with a captivating educational program, and invaluable networking events, NeoCon’s influence is far reaching. The 2017 edition will feature:
New Showrooms, Spaces & Solutions:
• The Mart welcomes six new permanent additions: UK-based office brand Boss Design (359), ergonomic seating brand via seating (10-148), glass solutions company Carvart (11-136), custom flexible conference furniture brand DatesWeiser (1119A), as well as the ROTTET Collection (3-107) from celebrated designer Lauren Rottet. In addition, Barbican Architectural Lighting, Contract Wall Solutions, and Summit International Flooring have joined forces in a new, shared showroom (11-135)
• Exciting new domestic and international additions to the 7th Floor Exhibit Hall, a showcase of the best products and services by category: Interior Building Products/Materials & Finishes, Furniture & Fabrics, Flooring, and Technology, include Surya, Crow Works, Frem Group, Behr Process Corporation, NxtWall Architectural Walls, LcD Textile-Edition, and the Italian Trade Commission, to name a few.
• The much buzzed about lounge and eatery Marshall’s Landing will be open in time for show kick-off. Located atop the Grand Stair on the 2nd floor, the restaurant was designed by A+I Architects. It pays homage to iconic Chicago figure and building developer, Marshall Field.
Compelling Keynote Program:
• Arianna Huffington, Founder of the Huffington Post and of the Founder/CEO of Thrive Global, on Monday, June 12 at 11:30AM, Presented by Humanscale, Thrive, and IIDA
• Jessica Green, Founding director of the Biology and the Built Environment (BioBE) Center and co-founder and CTO of Phylagen on Tuesday, June 14 at 8:30AM, Presented by Aspecta and ASID
• John Ronan Founding principal of John Ronan Architects on Wednesday, June 15 at 8:30AM, Presented by OFS Brands and AIA Chicago.
Robust Offering of 100+ Accredited Seminars, Plus Workshops & Tours
• Curated by members of the Programming Advisory Committee, and presented by thought leaders from a range of disciplines, seminar topics include “branding in hospitality design,” “the role of serendipity in the workplace,” and “empathy and design.” A full listing is available here.
• New for 2017, “Icons @ NeoCon” is a special series of seminars headlined by five seasoned design and business experts: Lauren Rottet, Founding Principal and President of Rottet Studio; Cheryl Durst, Executive Vice President and CEO of IIDA; Suzanne Tick, Founder of Suzanne Tick Inc., Carol Ross Barney, Founder and President of Ross Barney Architects; and Howard Tullman, CEO of 1871.
Events & Special Exhibits:
• The Mart will host dozens of must-attend industry networking events, including showroom parties on floors 3, 10 and 11 from 5-7PM on Monday, June 12 and festive booth events in the 7th Floor Exhibit Hall from 3-5PM on Tuesday June, 13. A full listing is available online.
• Interior Design and the Mart will host Block Party @NeoCon, the official party of NeoCon 2017. This event will be held outside on The Mart’s River Drive from 5-7pm.Sponsored by Andreu World and Rubbermaid. Tickets are $35 online and $40 onsite.
• Special award programs and exhibits complement the experience including ASID Blueprint Lounge (Floor 1, West Pass-Through), IIDA Space by hk+c (Starbucks Escalator), Terrace for Togetherness by Extremis (Floor 1, Kinzie/Wells Entrance), Contract Magazine’s Making It A Winning NeoCon (Floor 1, North Corridor), Metropolis Presents ‘T is for Talent!’ In Partnership with NeoCon (Floor 1), Snowsound Quiet Zones (Floor 7, Pass-Throughs) and more.
To help navigate it all, the “My Planner” tool is back this year on NeoCon’s website. It boasts an online image and video gallery with product and company information. Users can create walking lists with detailed floorplans and access a complete calendar of appointments and registered seminars & events. This can be seamlessly synced to the NeoCon 2017 App (available on the App Store and Google Play) for handy use at the show.
Interviews with exhibitors, show management, as well as speakers are available prior to, during, and after the show. The 2017 NeoCon website www.neocon.com includes an online pressroom to download press releases and announcements, as well as an image gallery.
When: Monday, June 12 | 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday, June 13 | 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Wednesday, June 14 | 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Registration for NeoCon 2017 is required.
Complimentary online registration is open through June 9. On-site Registration is $35. Registered attendees, including media, can pick up badges on Sunday, June 11 from 9AM-4PM at the Info Bar under the Grand Stair in the South Lobby. Keynote Presentations: Free, CEU Seminar Registration: $60 each online and $70 onsite, Special Event Registration: Fees vary.
Press: This year, the pressroom is located in Pella Crafted Luxury, Suite 100, starting on Monday, June 12 at 8AM. It is not open on Saturday and Sunday.
Where: The Mart Chicago, 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza
Who: The show is produced by Vornado Realty Trust | The Mart
Additional showroom and exhibitor information can be found using NeoCon’s My Planner tool and the NeoCon App. For news, images and real-time information, follow NeoCon Shows on the following social media channels: Facebook (@NeoConShows), Twitter (@NeoCon_Shows), Instagram (@NeoCon_Shows) and Snapchat (@NeoConShows).
NeoCon® is a registered trademark of The Mart, a Vornado Property.
Media Contacts: Alexandra Zwicky / Chris Abbate / Danielle McWilliams, Novità Communications
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the largest commercial buildings in the world, the 4.2 million SF Merchandise Mart (theMart) is located in Chicago, IL along the Chicago River. Completed in 1930, the building continues to meet the changing needs of the office and showroom businesses it serves. As a Gold-EB OEM LEED certified building, theMART is committed to creating and maintaining sustainable environments.
Vornado Realty Trust, based in New York City, is a fully integrated equity real-estate investment trust. Vornado’s common shares are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and are traded under the symbol VNO