ST. LOUIS, October 24, 2018 - The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) recently opened the application process for the annual Wood Floor of the Year contest. Recognized as the premiere awards of the wood flooring industry, this competition shines a spotlight on quality craftsmanship and innovative design in wood floor installations.
“Year after year, we look forward to presenting the Wood Floor of the Year awards to the artists in our industry. While we have given more than 200 awards over the years, it never gets old. Talented people, honed skills, and inspired creativity embody this competition and we are eager to honor some of the best work,” said Michael Martin, President and CEO.
This years’ awards will include the following categories:
• Best Color & Finish Application: Entries in this category include jobsite applied applications of dyes, reactive colorants, layered colors, and faux finishing.
• Best Circular/Curved Application: Entries in this category include any circular shape within a flooring system, such as circles, ovals, curves, and bent material. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Parquet/Inlay Application: Entries in this category include any hand-cut parquet pattern, medallion, marquetry, or intarsia inlay.
• Best Restoration/Makeover: Entries in this category include all types of restorations, replacements, or repairs, in either a residential or commercial application. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Textured Wood Application: Entries in this category include scraped, wire-brushed, distressed, or any surface that is not traditional flat. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
• New! Best Use Of Technology Application: Entries in this category have installed floors utilizing advancements in technology (CNC, laser, etc).
NWFA will recognize the Members’ Choice Award as well. All entries submitted will be eligible to receive this award, which will be presented to the floor that receives the popular vote among NWFA members.
The submission period is October 1, 2018 - January 11, 2019. Winners will be revealed at the NWFA Wood Flooring Expo in Fort Worth, Texas (May 1-3, 2019 — www.nwfaexpo.org).
For more information and to submit an entry, please visit www.nwfa.org/wfoy.
The National Wood Flooring Association is a not-for-profit trade organization, with more than 3,100 member companies worldwide, dedicated to educating consumers, architects, designers, specifiers and builders in the uses and benefits of wood flooring. NWFA members receive the best in educational training, benefits, technical resources and networking, to advance their professionalism and success. The NWFA is located at 111 Chesterfield Industrial
Boulevard, Chesterfield, MO 63005, and can be contacted at 800.422.4556 (USA & Canada), 636.519.9663 (local and international), or online at www.nwfa.org.