Troy, N.C. — Capel Rugs generated good results at the April 14-18 High Point Market with several well-received new import collections that offered a winning combination of value and style along with fresh made in the USA braided designs.
"We had a very busy market," said Cameron Capel, president — sales and marketing for Capel Rugs. "Our showroom traffic was steady as retailers shopped hard for fresh looks to generate excitement on their store floors. All three of our new import collections were well received, as were our new braids and a variety of other hand tufted, hand loomed and machine woven designs that we introduced."
Fusion, an all-wool construction, features four colorways in a neutral, more contemporary color palette than is usually associated with braids. "It takes the braid category to a new, more sophisticated level," said Capel. A 5' x 8' oval may retail for $499.
Synergy, a cotton chenille braid, also is designed for wide appeal. Suitable for settings ranging from adult bedrooms to family rooms, Synergy is available in three colorways. A 5' x 8' oval may retail for $425.
In addition, Capel introduced three new import rug collections that led the way, Banaz, Gallery and Gypsy:
• Banaz is a group of traditional designs with an antique flair that builds on the success of Capel's Fuego, a high-value, contemporary machine woven design introduced at the October High Point Market. Banaz is made in Turkey in a 100% olefin construction. The collection includes four patterns and colorways. A 5' x 8' rug may retail for $299.
• Gallery, a hand-loomed, 100% New Zealand wool collection produced in India, features five different geometric patterns and colorways and high-low patterning used to create additional visual interest. The designs lean contemporary but, because of the neutral tones, are perfect for a wide range of room settings and décor styles. A 5' x 8' rug may retail for $699.
• Gypsy is a group of hand tufted, 100% wool designs made in India. Five colorways are available, in a mix of bright, lively tones. Each pattern features a finishing touch of long, ponytail-style fringe on the ends. A 5' x 8' rug may retail for under $449.
Capel Rugs made a number of line extensions to popular, in-line collections this market as well. They included:
• Avanti, a hand tufted, all wool design from India, added two new designs in a blend of on-trend colors: Palani, in ivory bloom with a pink center medallion; and Tanda, in chambray.
• Bayview, a contemporary, made in the USA braided design in wool, nylon and polyester with a luxe texture, was with two new variations in rich colorways -- twilight blue and cinnabar.
• Cabin Retreat, a lodge-inspired machine woven olefin design, was updated with three new colorways -- black, mocha and paprika.
• Felicity, a hand tufted, highly textural shag design made in India of 100% polyester, added three new colors -- steel, oatmeal and silver.
• Metropolis, a Wilton woven collection of transitional and traditional designs in 100% New Zealand wool, added four new colorways to several patterns. Del Mar was expanded with a new navy tone; Ushak added navy and classic red colorways; and Victoria added a woodland green version.
About Capel Rugs
Based in Troy, N.C., Capel, Inc. offers more rugs in more categories than any other area rug company, including original braided rugs and woven rugs made in North Carolina for 100 years, the finest hand knotted rugs, best selling hand tufted rugs, innovative outdoor rugs and kids rugs. To see more from Capel Rugs' program, visit CapelRugs.com.
|Synergy Blue Opal, Fusion Taupe Multi|