Las Vegas – June 27, 2017 – The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) announces a dynamic lineup of presentations and speakers for its second-annual technical conference Aug. 9-11 at Big Sky Resort in Big Sky, Mont. The conference titled, The Summit at Lone Mountain, will feature cutting-edge presentations in cleaning, disaster restoration and flooring inspection.
“This year’s lineup of presentations and speakers offers attendees a unique educational experience,” said John Downey, editor of the IICRC’s Journal of Cleaning, Restoration & Inspection and coordinator of The Summit. “Many of the presentation topics focus on science and ideas at the forefront of the industry and present a world-class opportunity for learning.”
Developed for seasoned professionals, educators, trainers and consultants, The Summit will feature three concurrent symposiums, one for each of the three primary disciplines served by the IICRC: cleaning, disaster restoration and flooring inspection.
The Summit presentation and speaker lineup includes:
Conference Opening General Session Keynote presentations and speakers
• “The Importance of Networking and Teamwork: A Biosafety Perspective” with Patty Olinger, Emery University
• “Networking and Connectivity: An Essential Element of 21st Century Business” with John Barrett, ISSA Executive Director
Cleaning Symposium presentations and speakers
• “Field Test Results of the Effect of HVAC System Cleaning on Energy” with Mike White, Clean Air Systems of Louisiana
• “The Effectiveness of Carpet Protectors on Different Fiber Types” with Scott Warrington, Director of Technical Support and Tom Forsythe, Formulator and Chemical Product Developer, Aramsco/Bridgepoint
• “Fundamentals of Fabric Protection Treatments” with Alan Luedtke, Ph.D., Research Chemist, Innovative Chemical Technologies, Inc.
• “Effective Wood Floor Care Strategies & Techniques” with Roy Reichow, Founder, National Wood Floor Consultants
• “Effect of Water Hardness on Rinse-Agents” with Tom Forsythe, Formulator and Chemical Effectiveness Product Developer, and Scott Warrington, Director of Technical Support, Aramsco/Bridgepoint
• “The Coming Nanotech Revolution” with Collin Anderson, Ultra Small Fibers
• “Surfactancy, Wetting and Surface Tension: Key Components of Cleaning Science” with Everard Paynter, Applied Products Australia
• “Soil Characteristics, Cleaning Objectives, and the Dynamics of Soil Suspension and Removal” with Alan Luedtke, Ph.D., Research Chemist, Innovative Chemical Technologies, Inc.
• “What You Should Know About Robotics in the Cleaning Industry” with Christian Cornelius-Knudsen, C-K Group, LLC
Restoration & Remediation Symposium presentations and speakers
• “The Effect of Moisture Absorption on Tile and Abutted Materials” with Ralph Moon, Ph.D., Director of Building Sciences, GHD Services, Inc.
• “The Science of Sewage Remediation” with Gene Cole, Ph.D., Professor of Environmental Health Science, Brigham Young University
• “Certified Restorer Body of Knowledge and RIA Advanced Designations” with Mark Springer, President, Dayspring Restoration
• “ANSI/IICRC S540-2017 Standard for Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup” with Lee Senter, Owner, Senterprises
• “The Use of Occupant Behavior Data to Determine Assessment and Remediation Strategies” with Carl Grimes, Managing Director, Hayward Healthy Home Institute
• “The Science Behind ‘In-Place’ Structural Drying” with Chuck Dewald, Dewald Structural Drying Academy
Flooring Inspection Symposium presentations and speakers
• “The Use of Tile Tapping as an Investigative Tool” with Ralph Moon, Ph.D., Director of Building Sciences, GHD Services, Inc.
• “ANSI B101 Walkway Safety Standards” with Russell Kendzior, Chairman, National Floor Safety Institute
• “Wood Flooring Problems and Causes” with Roy Reichow, Founder, National Wood Floor Consultants
• “Tools and Gadgets” with John Paro, Owner, Certified Inspections, Inc.
CIRI Science Symposium presentation and speakers
• “Cleaning, Disinfection and the Human Microbiome” with Greg Whiteley, Ph.D., Whiteley Corporation
For more information or to register for the IICRC Technical Conference, visit http://www.iicrc.org/registrants/thesummit. For information about sponsorship opportunities, or to discuss a presentation topic or speaker suggestion, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IICRC is a global, ANSI-accredited Standards Developing Organization (SDO) that credentials individuals in 20+ categories within the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries. Representing more than 54,000 certified technicians and 6,000 Certified Firms in 22 countries, the IICRC, in partnership with regional and international trade associations, represents the entire industry. The IICRC does not own schools, employ instructors, produce training materials or promote specific product brands, cleaning methods or systems. For more information, visit www.iicrc.org.